August 6, 2021

Truth

Nothing but the truth

KALAMPA CLAIMS MBOMBO IS NOT FOR SALE.

KANA Football Club president Joseph Silwamba has dispelled assertions that lethal striker Idris Mbombo is on the verge of joining Congolese giants TP Mazembe.Reports have swelled that the Nkana talisman will be leaving the club soon after the team won the 13th premier title to join Mazembe as a replacement for Jackson Muleka who left the Congolese outfit for Europe early this month.But Silwamba, in an interview yesterday, said the club had not received any offers for Mbombo or any other player.“I have not seen any offer.

Maybe somebody else has received it. But there is nothing like that; it is just people speculating,” he said.Asked if there were offers for other key players like Kelvin Mubanga who is being linked with a move to a South African club, Silwamba said: “Not that I am aware of, all the players that we have are Nkana players; nothing has changed.”On Kenya international defender Musa Mohammed whose contract ended while he was in his country during the COVID-19 break, Silwamba said the hard-tackling defender was willing to return to the club to negotiate a new contract.

He said the club’s executive had been talking to the defender.While his compatriots Duncan Otieno, Duke Abuya and Harun Shakava returned to finish the league, Mohammed refused to take chances amid the increasing COVID-19 cases across the continent to travel for the remainder of the season and opted to remain in Kenya.“We have been talking to him.

We talk a lot, he likes this club; he is willing to come and sit with us. But this Covid, you see, he did not want to take chances to travel, so we had to respect his rights; but we are talking to him,” he explained.Meanwhile, Silwamba said the Nkana executive was waiting for the technical bench for the programme to start preparations for next season that begins in October.“The main players are the coaches, the technical bench, so they will give us a programme,” said Silwamba.